1. Change the sentences from the active into the passive.
Miss Lien wrote the letter.
=> The letter was written by Miss Lien.
a) Mrs. Quyen typed the document.
b) Mr. Nhan repaired the computer.
c) Ba drew the picture.
d) Hoa turned off the lights.
e) Lan baked the cake.
Chuyển câu chủ động sang câu bị động.
- The documents was typed (by Mrs. Quyen).
- The computer was repaired (by Mr. Nhan).
- The picture was drawn (by Ba).
- The lights were turned off (by Hoa).
- The cake was baked (by Lan).
2. Active or Passive? Use the correct form of the verbs in brackets to complete these sentences.
a) The grand prize________ to the Hoa Vinh Village team. (award)
b) Viet Nam_____ two gold medals on the first day of the Games, (win)
c) Last year Mrs. Jackson____ a small business around the corner, (run)
d) The factory__________ by Quang Vinh Ltd. before it__________ to a
foreign firm. (run / sell)
e) Thanh Ha School______ for two days last week due to a flood, (close)
2. Hoàn thành câu bằng dạng đúng cùa động từ trong ngoặc ở dạng chủ động hay bị động.
a. The grand prize was awarded to Hoa Vinh Village team.
b. Viet Nam won two gold medals on the first day of the Games.
c. Last year Mrs. Jackson ran a small business around the corner.
d. The factory was run by Quans Vinh Ltd. before it was sold to a foreign firm.
e. Thanh Ha School was closed for two days last week due to a flood.
3. Put a question for each of the underlined phrases in the sentences below.
The facsimile was invented by Alexander Bain in 1843.
When was the facsimile invented?
a) The zipper was invented bv W.L. Judson in 1893.
b) Maize was brought into Viet Nam by Phung Khac Khoan in the 16th century.
c) The fountain pen was invented by Lewis Waterman in 1884.
d) The ballpoint pen was invented in Hungary by brothers Lazio and Georg Biro in 1935.
e) Xerography is widely used in commerce and industry in coying machines.
3. Đặt câu hỏi cho những từ in đậm trong những câu dưới đây.
a. What was invented by W.L. Judson in 1893.
b. What was brought into Viet Nam by Phung Khac Khoan? When was it invented?
c. Who was the fountain pen invented by? When was it invented?
d. Where was the ballpoint pen was invented in 1935 by brothers Lazio and George Biro?
e. Where is Xeroaraphy widely used in commerce and industry?
4. Use the sequence markers first, then, next, after this and finally to describe how white rice is produced in the traditional way. The pictures and prompts will help you.
4. Dùng các từ nối theo trật tự thời gian first, then, next, after this và finally mô tả quy trình sản xuất gạo trắng theo kiểu truyền thống. Những bức tranh và gợi ý sẽ giúp em.
At first, the rice crop is harvested. Next, the rice plants are threshed. Then, the rice grains are separated from the husk and put into the mill to produce brown rice. After this, the bran is removed by the mortar. Finally, it is winnowed to produce white rice.